In trying to cover the curriculum, teachers need to:
- plan the work to be done in each lesson – by themselves and by learners.
- monitor progress against the plan to see if they are ‘on track’
- identify and reflect on possible the challenges to curriculum coverage
- develop strategies to resolve challenges and get back ‘on track’
Teachers are supported in these activities by:
- working collegially with their departmental head/s and fellow teachers.
- using tools, such as the planners and trackers provided here. These tools are exemplars and should be adapted to users’ own contexts.